The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Cincinnati Reds Will Be RED Again


Yeah, so I read the Uni Watch on ESPN's Page2, sue me. Anyway, this week they actually had some great news:

Two weeks ago Uni Watch saluted the Royals for ditching all their ill-advised black trim and urged the Mets and Reds to do likewise. That prompted this dispatch from a reputable Reds source who prefers to remain anonymous: "The Reds' new ownership group is ready to dump black as one of the team's colors as soon as the 2006 season is over. If they didn't have so much black and red merchandise, they would have made the switch for this year. The best part? Navy blue is going to be the new third color, like in the days of old."


Hell yeah, baby! I've been against those damn black uniforms (not only for the Reds, but for ND, Duke, and all the other black uni bandwagoneers) for years. It's about damn time.

1 comment:

Colin and Liz said...

Way to go new ownership, black is stupid. However, I am a little concerned about royal blue being the alternate color. I know it's old school, but I hope it looks good and not foolish.