The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Winner.


I almost didn't fill out a bracket this year. The kids had been sick. Work was crazy busy. We had a lot going on and I still hadn't completed my bracket about an hour before tip-off on Thursday. But I felt like I would be letting the family down so I just threw something together, picking almost at random.

It just goes to show you HOW AWESOME I AM!

Through two rounds I was middling. The Sweet 16 was painful. I came out of that round with only 1 team still alive. Fortunately for me it was the team that would go ALL. THE. WAY.

It seems everyone out there forgot some basic tenets of tournament picking, which I'll rehash for you here...

  1. Never pick a team coached by Bill Self (Kansas) to win it all.
  2. Never pick your alma mater (Notre Dame).
  3. Never pick a team who's best player is a freshman (Ohio State).
  4. Pick the hot team (UConn).
There are exceptions to these rules, sure, but they are rare. As soon as I saw multiple people breaking the first three and me the only one following #4 I knew I was in good shape.

So in summary... WINNER.

1 comment:

Teddy said...

Take that Charles Barkley and Big East haters. The 9th ranked team in the Big East wins it all. Wish it was us.