The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Saturday, November 11, 2006

God is Irish


#3 Louisville? Loss.
#4 Texas? Loss.
#5 Auburn? Loss.
#6 Florida? Win*...
#8 California? Loss.

The way I see it, Notre Dame wins out and they have one helluva good shot at the BCS title game.

Oh, and just as icing on the cake - Florida State is shutout at home 30-0 by Wake Forest, it's first home shutout in 33 years. And Miami loses to Maryland. Both teams are now 5-5. I wonder why we aren't hearing any stories about why those two schools can't compete at such a high football level with their stringent academic requirements. Oh yeah - because their players don't go to class... Is there any doubt God is a Notre Dame fan?


* = Florida didn't win as much as South Carolina lost. A blocked extra point, a 55-yard field goal negated because of a home field call, a blocked field goal, and another blocked field goal that would've won the game as time expired. Not a very convincing win at home against a South Carolina team that everyone seems to think is so good even though they're 5-5...

5 comments:

Colin and Liz said...

I just hope we beat USC. I don't think there is any way we will play in the NC, but if we win out, go to a BCS bowl and win I will be very happy.

Teddy said...

Looks like we'll be #5 in the BCS, since we are #5 in Coaches and Harris. We beat USC and that's it for them. Florida needs to lose (FSU or SEC Title), and I think Arkansas does too (LSU or SEC Title). I think Arkansas would jump us if they win out.

The tricky part is OSU/UM. I don't think anyone wants to see a rematch of 2 teams the next game! What would the Title game really mean if they split the series? However, could ND get a rematch with Michigan on neutral ground? I think we win it this time. OSU is also very beatable. We have to jump the loser of that game next week!!! I think I am rooting for Michigan. I can't see us getting ahead of Michigan since they crushed us at home.

Kevin said...

Here's how the season is going to play out.

ND wins over both Army and USC.
OSU beats Michigan and goes to Glendale.
West Virginia beats Rutgers.
LSU beat Arkansas, but Florida beats both FSU and wins the SEC title.
Texas squeaks by in the Big 12.

NC - OSU vs. Florida
Rose Bowl - USC vs. Michigan
Sugar Bowl - ND vs. LSU
Fiesta - Boise State vs. Texas
Orange - Wake Forest vs West Virginia

The only wrinkle to this is if USC beats Cal and ND, will they have enough to jump Florida into the NC? My money is on no - pollsters love the SEC too much this year.

Kevin said...

I was watching the pre-game show (College Football Overdrive) for Texas Kansas State being hosted by John Saunders on ABC. Saunders asked his two analysts, Doug Flutie and Craig James, what would have to happen for Kansas State to have a chance (not to win mind you, but only to have a chance). Both Flutie and James laughed out loud and said, "Colt McCoy would have to put on a K-State uniform." Now, I understand that McCoy got hurt and left the game, but Texas' offense still scored 42 points (35 after McCoy got hurt). Just another example of analysts and pollsters assuming a team is better than they are.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, God is Irish. He's an Irish Tuatha De'Danaan with blue eyes and long white hair and a beard, and He wears a kilt and a white ruffled shirt, and I know that because I remember Him. We’re all supposed to remember God, but few people can because most people are toxic, but I detoxified to recover myself from so-called Parkinson’s disease (detoxification is lechecraft–God’s way to cure oneself), and then I remembered God, like I did when I was a preschooler. Ethically, Mary of the Gael