The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A.C. Liger


So I recently asked some of you for help with a new soccer team I'm forming. My initial idea was AWESOM-O FC, after the most famous robot in cartoon history. Unfortunately, a group of teammates shot that down. They came back with the funny, Man-chest-hair United. While I laughed, it's not a name I would want to be associated with for a whole season. Also, since we are coed, a few girls did take issue. I did give them props for their uniform badge idea - an inverted triangle with a tuft of hair!

So now I will unveil the official team name (if you haven't already figured it out)...

A.C. Liger

You might ask, "What in the heck is that?" Well, it's a little homage to Napoleon Dynamite. You may recall the brief scene when Deb takes a peek at Napoleon's sketchbook on the steps at school. One of the many immortal dialogue exchanges from the movie ensues:

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

So check out our official team logo at the top, and our team badge. Our uniforms will be adidas Squadra II - Argentina style, with sky blue jerseys and socks matched with black shorts. It should be pretty awesome. Too bad most of the players have very little experience. Oh well, it will be pretty damn fun though! I'll keep you posted on our glorious accomplishments throughout the season!

3 comments:

Teddy said...

By the way, I just heard back from the uniform company. The art department says our badge is a go! They can screen it on each jersey!!!

Flippin' Sweet!

Colin and Liz said...

Not bad. A.C. Slater would have been my frist choice.

Teddy said...

Naw, it's all over for Slater ever since he became a Dancing with the Stars superstar!