The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Fun With Lost


I'm a Lost junkie. I'll admit it. So when they showed a 30sec commercial during last night's episode for the mythical Hanso Foundation, complete with a 1-800 phone number, I was all over it. Here's how it goes down:


  1. Initially the phone number didn't work, so when I got in to work this morning I checked out thehansofoundation.org. It had been completely overhauled.
  2. There are some informational pages that ask for passwords and logins and what-not, but none of them seem to work. Most intriguing is if you go the the 'Newsletter' section and try to signup. It breaks out into some freaky shit and asks for a password.
  3. When I tried initially entering a password, it told me to call the phone number from the tv ad section. Unfortunately the phone number from last night's commercial, 1-877-HANSORG, was not in the tv ad on the website. But since I remembered it from last night, I gave it a call.
  4. After a few busy signals I got through to some voice mailboxes for the Hanso executives. I didn't get any information I thought was useful, so I moved on to more desperate measures.
  5. Using my mad computer skilz, I determined the password for the newsletter section to be "breakingstrain".
  6. After that I get a message from 'Persephone' at the Dharma Initiative. Nothing informational, just tripe.
  7. After that I get a full screen movie of Hanso's prized 105 year-old chimp, Joop, looking - how to put this - not very Any-Which-Way-But-Loose-esque.
  8. If I try to login again, I get a message stating "Welcome Back! No new messages"


I don't think any of the other site logins currently work, because I always get a generic "timeout" message (plus, I have other ways of being pretty sure they don't work). So this appears to be it for now. I guess I'll check back on a semi-regular basis to see if there are any new messages.

So not only is Lost a great show, but they put together really cool shit like this outside to keep folks interested. Pretty sweet...

No comments: