The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Long Time Coming


BRUUUUUUUUUCE!
Things are starting to look up in the sports world. Notre Dame is 1-3, the Bengals have the worst offense in football, and for the first time in 15 years the Reds are in the playoffs. Finally, I can enjoy October baseball. And by "enjoy" I mean agonize over every pitch in every game the Reds play until my frustration builds to rage and I turn off the TV in a fog of anger and kick the dog. I love sports! Go Reds!

(By the way - Baseball Tonight spent 9 minutes talking about the Rays making the playoffs and 2 minutes talking about the Reds, even though nobody cares about Tampa (including their own city) and the team will be blown up in 3 months because the owners are too cheap. Oh, and with multiple teams clinching playoff spots last night the flagship EsPN channel was showing a poker tournament. Poker. Just two more reasons I hate EsPN.)

4 comments:

rhett said...

It's still hard to comprehend the Reds being in the playoffs. I am prepared to agonize over every pitch, as well, though.

Teddy said...

I watched the entire game. I could have gone, and am kicking myself right now! I will be going to a playoff game. Just gotta get those division tickets!!!

Kevin said...

If you get division tickets, call me. I'll go.

Also, I'm very happy the Reds made it in the way they did, and not because the Cardinals lost. That would have sucked the fun out of making the playoffs.

Colin and Liz said...

i am naming my daughter jay bruce.