The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Friday, September 17, 2010

A Hypothetical Situation Requiring Your Input


I'm going into the biodome for 12 months and, to conserve space, can only take three (3) CDs with me (Also, imagine it's 1998 and they haven't yet invented portable music players that would allow you to take 1000 full albums on a device the size of a business card). After much reflection, these are those 3 CDs...
  1. The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails
  2. The Joshua Tree by U2
  3. Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age
I'm not saying these are the three best albums of all time, just that these are good enough and diverse enough that I could listen to them, and only them, for one year without getting tired of them. 

As an aside, what does it say for the current state of music that the most recent album on that list was released in 2002? And that only narrowly beat out Appetite for Destruction, which would've put the most recent album at 1994! I'll tell you what it says - new music, for the most part, sucks.

Post your three in the comments!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I think for my three I'd go with the following:

1. Dashboard Confessional - Dusk and Summer (2006)
2. Nine Inch Nails - Fragile (1999)
3. Ben Folds - Rockin' the Suburbs (2001)

I will say that Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album 1990) and Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002) were also high on my list.

ian said...

Coldplay?! It's not a GAY biodome!

/looks for high-fives

rhett said...

1. NIN - The Fragile (1999)
2. Pearl Jam - Vs. (1993)
3. Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York (1994)

Wow, music sucks now. Hard.