The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Guns n' F&%$ing Roses!




I am very much looking forward to Tuesday, November 25. After 15 long years, Guns n' Roses will finally be releasing their long-awaited album, Chinese Democracy, and I will purchase the actual CD at a record store and listen to it on a loop as many times as possible on the car ride from Washington to Cincinnati, dissecting every song and taking it in in all it's glory. Chuck Klosterman gives an outstanding review of the album over at the Onion. I think my favorite line from that review - and one that could only ever possibly be applied to a G n' R album...

A song like "Shackler's Revenge" is initially average, until you get to the solo—then it becomes the sonic equivalent of a Russian robot wrestling a reticulating python.

If that's not the best analogy of all-time, I don't know what is. The overall review is incredibly favorable, but, quite honestly, this album could be 75 minutes of whale song and I would still eagerly rush to BestBuy to drop however much they'll be charging without hesitation. That is my level of commitment to and confidence in Axl Rose.

Anyway, you all grew up with the Gunners - go buy the album. Don't pull any namby-pamby file-sharing theft or iTunes downloads - this is an album that requires you to hold it in your hand and read the liner notes. God, I'm so excited...

7 comments:

rhett said...

First of all, HELL YEAH! GNR!. Second, how are you able to listen to Chinese Democracy with Zoe in the car? Whenever Jacey is in a car, we're stuck with Dora, Diego, etc.! Anyway, God bless Axl Rose and all his twisted, demented glory!

Colin and Liz said...

i just listened to about 5 seconds of Chinese Democracy and can say, without question, it will be great. that's all it takes people, 5 seconds.

Teddy said...

I can't believe Ian beat me to the punch on this post!!! I was gearing up a big one too! I downloaded the single for Chinese Democracy already. It is good, but supposedly the rest of the album is better. Can't wait!

By the way, what's the last album everybody actually bought? Mine...

U2: How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

rhett said...

nine inch nails: The Slip

ian said...

I just bought a few Kings of Leon and the latest Snow Patrol last week. As for how I listen to GNR with Zoe in the car, the answer is quite simple - loudly.

Kevin said...

I used a gift certificate to buy the newest Coldplay CD. Man, does it suck!

Teddy said...

I heard the new Coldplay CD is so gay that Gwyneth Paltrow is leaving her husband, Chris Martin!