The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ahoy!


I will proudly say I am an Old Spice man. In my 33 years of life the only deodorant I have ever used is Old Spice. Sure, every once in a while I had to borrow somebody else's when I ran out at home or forgot it at the gym, but I have never purchased another product. And with Bruce Campbell doing commercials like this, what guy would ever buy anything else?


However, I recently made a product switch within the Old Spice family. Since grade school, I had used the exact same product, but this month, I finally tried something new. You might say it would be crazy to make such a change, but I was kind of forced to. Below, I will document my deodorant usage for all to enjoy. Has anyone else made such a dramatic deodorant change? Did it turn out messy?

Old Spice Classic Deodorant
This is the grand daddy of all deodorants, the "Original Round Stick Formula". I started using this bad boy when first needed deodorant - way back at age 4. Actually, I think it was in 4th or 5th grade. Anyway, it is only deodorant. No anti-perspirant. The thing is probably 95% alchohol, and although I have no scientific proof, I think it stops odor by actually killing the sweat glands under your arm pits.


Old Spice High Endurance Deodorant
So my beloved Classic is getting harder and harder to find in stores. When I desperately needed some, I was forced to go with the next closest product. Still only a deodorant and with the same Original Scent, I assumed it wouldn't be much of a switch. After using it for a few weeks, I liked it. It actually worked better than the original, which I thought was perfect. It didn't have quite such an obnoxious smell (although that really is part of the charm), and prevented those pesky reapplications before going out at night!

Old Spice High Endurance Invisible Solid
Fresh of the high of discovering a new and better deodorant, I decided to try another new product. My previous fears of switching were gone. Now I made the leap to an anti-perspirant/deodorant. Still with the Original Scent, this was a deviation from the solid gel the previous two had. It offered an invisible solid. After 1 week, I am hooked. A very light smell with no sign of ever wearing off. With one application, I still smell good the next morning - after I go for a run! I am considering going for the Red Zone, but I don't know how Old Spice could improve upon perfection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old Spice is a nice brand… I too have used it's deodorant for years.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog аnԁ I am impressed!
Extrеmelу useful informatіon specіfiсally the last seсtion
:) I care foг such info a lot. I uѕed tο be looking for thіs ceгtain infоrmation for a long time.
Thanks and good luck.

Also visit my homepage yaz attorney

Anonymous said...

Why visitors still mаke use of to read newѕ papеrs when in thіs
technological globe all iѕ accesѕible on net?



my weblοg - Lloyd Irvin