The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Homer Bailey


Is the Reds season officially over? Only today, I was pondering how long it would be before the Reds were mathematically eliminated. The Reds lost their 3rd game in a row last night. They sit 11 games back at dead last in the NL Central. Then I read a little tidbit this morning...
Homer Bailey has been called up and will start Friday!!!

Not only is this his major league debut - it's at home against the Indians! I am so jealous of Kevin with his damn Fox Sports Ohio on Friday! I will be closely watching this one. Unfortunately, I still don't think it will make a bit of difference with the team this year. We have absolutely no relievers! We are in every game we play, but I can't even read the box scores anymore though because we give up 3, 4 or 5 runs in relief EVERY DAMN NIGHT! This is an experience year for Bailey. Then, 2008 will be the year for us.
  • Bailey will dominate in his 2nd year.
  • Harang and Aroyo will eat up innings.
  • Hamilton will come into his own.
  • Our infield problems look to have been solved with Gonzalez.
  • We trade/acquire a couple relievers and a closer. (The key to the team's success)
I'm now starting to monitor the starting rotation for September when we go to the game after Bridget's wedding! Come on Bailey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homer Bailey is a really bad name for a pitcher. Look for my Tribe to sweep this weekend.