The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Thursday, December 10, 2009

UPDATED: Tomorrow It Is Then


Barring a disaster of O'Leary-ian proportions, I expect an announcement on the new head coach at Notre Dame tomorrow. I have no "inside information". I base this on the fact that Notre Dame allowed the man currently in charge of the program (and recruiting) to leave to be the head coach at Akron today. This fact leads to one of two conclusions:

Optimistic: Notre Dame has their next coach lined up and will announce him shortly.

Pessimistic: Swarbrick is in way over his head and the program is crumbling around him.

I choose to be an optimist. I'm going to assume Swarbrick wouldn't, intentionally or otherwise, leave the team without a leader for any significant duration. That's why I'm guessing we'll find out who the next coach is tomorrow.

UPDATE: These mofos must be reading our site. Please note that my post originally went up at 2:07p ET and that article did not appear until 40min later. What does that mean? That I'm awesome, of course...

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Isn't it great to see how succesful Notre Dame guys become after they leave?

Colin and Liz said...

word is kelly is it. official announcement to come tomorrow:

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20091210/SPORTS13/912109927/1021/Sports