The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix Superstar


I got a tip from an online source yesterday evening that I HAD to watch The Late Show with David Letterman last night. You see, Joaquin Phoenix was the guest and apparently, he had a complete meltdown!

Joaquin Phoenix

Dave has had some classic guest appearances in the past. A few I recall were Andy Kaufman, Farah Fawcett, Paris Hilton, and my personal fav - Crispin Glover. YouTube those interviews for comedy gold!

Anyway, after watching the show live, I was in awe. Letterman tried really hard to be nice and sing Phoenix's praises, but he acted completely clueless. Dave then got fed up and turned on him, and Phoenix started to get really pissed off. Personally, I believe that Phoenix is screwed up ever since he hung out with that robot Jinx in Spacecamp! Now he is quitting acting and starting a career as a "Hip Hop" artist. Whatever! At first, I thought he was stoned. After a second viewing, I now think it was all an act for publicity. Decide for yourselves, but it is still hilarious!

No comments: