The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Damn You, Sneaky Hollywood!


I'll admit it. When a movie is over I leave the theater. If I am watching at home, I turn off the Blu-ray player or change the channel. I don't watch the credits. So why does Hollywood insist on putting all the best scenes in movies after the credits roll???

This trend was first noticed by me when I was a kid watching Young Sherlock Holmes. Any of the Heffernans will surely remember that flick. We watched it a lot. Anyway, I vividly recall the credits rolling with a strange carriage traveling for no apparent reason. I continued watching the entire credit roll to see Holmes nemesis from the movie (his school professor) get out and sign his name "Moriarty."

Since that time, I can think of a number of important scenes that have occurred following the credits. Cloverfield was the most recent discovery I have seen. Sometimes, comedies will actually do gag reels through the credits which often are funnier than the actual movie. Talledega Nights or any Will Farrell movie are good examples.

Today I am pissed because I missed a TOTALLY AWESOME scene at the end of Iron Man. I saw this in the theater and I own the Blu-ray! I am going home tonight to watch this, but here is the YouTube link for anyone else interested.


So I did a quick Google search and realized there are TONS of movies with secret hidden endings and scenes. What the hell!!!??? Anybody else hate this practice? How about any comments with any hidden scenes at the end that we might have missed? I still don't think I'll sit through the credits though.

1 comment:

rhett said...

This phenomenon has definitely become widespread. I've gotten to the point that I sit and fast forward through the credits on DVDs and Blu-ray. Unfortunately, sitting through them is the only option in the theater; but who goes there anymore?