The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thanks for Ruining Christmas!



So it wasn't good enough that ND succeeded in ruining my fall, my Thanksgiving and in general the last 2 football seasons. Now, they are poised to ruin Christmas too! ND just accepted a bid to the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl. Of course game time is December 24 at 8pm.

So Ali is already upset about the proposition of another night without me speaking. However, I really think that even an Irish blowout loss to the Rainbow Warriors can't ruin my Christmas. It will just change Christmas Eve tradition just a bit this year. Hey, maybe now we can get Manti Te'o to commit!

By the way, I don't think the trip to Hawaii will be much fun for any Irish fans who decide to make the trip. Check out this fan account from last year when Fresno State played at Aloha Stadium. There are countless other stories like this on the web. That place is a nightmare.

1 comment:

ian said...

My favorite part of this article is they always refer to it as Hawai'i. As if people might not understand if it was simply Hawaii (using the spelling of every map in the world). What a bunch of rubes...