The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Monday, December 08, 2008

It Never Ends


Well, Notre Dame football completed their regular season two weeks ago, so at least I was spared that misery this past weekend. But that didn't stop ND sports from spoiling an otherwise excellent two days for me...

On Saturday the #7 men's basketball team played like I expect a team coached by Mike Brey to play, dropping a neutral site game to Ohio State. Luke Zeller, despite being 7 f#%@ing feet tall, continues to exhibit a phobia of the key and an allergic reaction to the ball when outside the three point line - throwing it wildly in the direction of the basket as soon as he touches it. Why this ass-clown continues to receive minutes is beyond me. He contributes NOTHING! Be prepared for another 10-loss season with a second round NCAA exit - also known as the 'ND Special' in college b-ball circles.

The women's soccer team lost in the NCAA championship game to North Carolina... again. My history may be slightly off, but I think this is the 43rd time that's happened. I turned the game on near the end with the score tied 1-1 and UNC simply pounding them and immediately declared we would lose. UNC scored the game winner about 30 seconds later. So that makes a clean sweep for UNC over the Irish this year - football, basketball, and women's soccer. Egads, how the mighty have fallen.

On the bright side, I turned Zoe's car seats around, cut Bear's nails, and ate meatloaf. Hooray for me!

No comments: