The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Well Said


I had begun writing a post on the subject of the current financial "crisis", but before I had a chance to put a bow on it, TMQ (still your #1 source for political/economic information) came along and said everything I wanted to more eloquently. I guess that's why they pay him the big bucks.

You can (and should) read his thoughts here.

To paraphrase, since TMQ can be verbose, "crisis" is a relative term and we're all best served by looking at the larger economic picture. It's a very optimistic, and welcome, perspective of what we're currently seeing occur on Wall Street that I am very much in agreement with. Media outlets and politicians are calling it a "crisis" simply to promote their own agendas, and bad days on Wall Street don't necessarily translate to an economic crisis. My (and TMQ's) $0.02...

No comments: