The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can I Get an AMEN???


Michael Cunningham is my new hero. I have never read a single thing he has written, but this one article makes me laugh.

A change of heart on the SEC? Not really

I think many of us share the opinion that the SEC is WILDLY overrated. It's only going to get worse with the new CBS contract kicking in. You can't argue with SEC fans or proponents, though. They do have an 11-4 record in the BCS all-time with 3 National Titles in the past 10 years. However, it's the constant claims that they play the best defense in the NCAA, play the best offense in the NCAA, have the best coaches in the NCAA, the best rivalries in the NCAA... Need I go on?

Yes, they have had the Champ 2 years running, but that in no way makes them the best conference in the NCAA. The SEC uses fuzzy logic to justify their inaccurate claims, and this article rips that logic apart!

1 comment:

ian said...

I love the comment about not being able to take a week off. That's everyone's favorite statement about the SEC. Nevermind that Texas, in four consecutive weeks, has played #1 Oklahoma, #11 Missouri, #6 Oklahoma State, and #6 Texas Tech.