The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rock-afire!


Remember the Rock-afire Explosion? The animatronic, anthropomorphic animal band at Showbiz Pizza that brought Colin to tears? Well, apparently some of the original programmers of that nightmare-inducing band are re-programming them with modern songs... with hilarious results! Here's a video clip of them playing "Love in this Club" by Usher (It's okay, I've never heard it before either. But I would wager that Usher isn't half the talent of Fats Geronimo).



Don't be afraid, Colin. It's just a video. They can't get you... or can they?

UPDATE: Rock-afire for sale on eBay!!!!

3 comments:

Teddy said...

My favorite part is that you posted this while Colin is alone in DC wit no Liz to comfort him.

Yes, we all know Liz is in Chicago this week due to the new calendar!

Colin and Liz said...

i don't care what you all say, those animatronic monsters are as scary now as they were all those years ago. sometimes things seem larger, scarier, cooler, etc then they really were when you are little, but after seeing these terrible creatures again i fully understand why they frightened me so much. i bet my paycheck if one of ava's uncles took her to see these guys perform she would freak out. the rock-afire explosion band is pure evil, evil. eats babies.

Joy + Tom said...

I have to admit, the gorilla gets to me a little bit. When I was a little kid, there was a TV show called Whirlybirds, about two guys who flew a helicopter for hire. Among their many adventures was a search for an escaped gorilla who was loose on a rampage of killing and maiming. I had to go to bed right after seeing the gorilla episode, and for years afterward I swore there was a gorilla lurking in the darkened corner of my room. That mechanical gorilla creeps me out tho this day.