The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Classy Finish by a Classy Guy


Nothing says "poor sportsmanship" more than the sight of Bill Belichick running off the field with seconds still on the clock in Super Bowl XLII. A last second loss to steal away a perfect season couldn't happen to a better guy.

On a personal note, as much as it pained me to do so I was pulling hard for the Giants. Mainly for Charlie Weis. Since he left the Patriots, everyone has been almost too eager to point out how much better their offense has been without him in charge. Well, I don't know much, but I know that New England won three(3) Super Bowls with Weis running the offense and they've won zero(0) since his departure.

2 comments:

Teddy said...

I noticed the exact same thing. The only thing I don't understand is why not one single announcer called him out for his lack of class. Did he ever actually shake Coughlin's hand?

Kevin said...

Another classy move came this week with Bobby Knight "retiring" as head coach at Texas Tech. He got his 900th win last week, believed he wasn't going to make the NCAA tourny, and quits with 10 games left to go. The Red Raiders were 12-8 and I thought could still have made a run at it. Pat Knight will be taking over.