The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bo Jackson All-American


I look at ESPN from time to time and today saw a great article that I actually read and enjoyed. It is all about Bo Jackson and what's become of the once most-hyped man in America.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=bojackson

I never knew half this stuff about Bo Jackson, and found the article extremely well-written (any article that references Tecmo Super Bowl has to be good). I thought it quite refreshing that while Bo knows life-after-sports, Bo also knows how to keep his life-after-sports private. For instance, he lives in Colin's hometown of Chicago and passes the time by lacquering his hunting arrows and cooking up something good for dinner

Man, I remember the glory days of Bo:



2 comments:

Teddy said...

I haven't read the article yet, but I read a biography about Bo when I was in high school. That guy LIVED THE DREAM as a kid. I remember one story where he talked about partying all night at Auburn, shacking with some coed, waking up Saturday morning, running to the stadium and then rushing for 200 yards for the Tigers. Yeah, that's a typical college experience!

ian said...

The article was great! I remember the old EA Sports College Football game we had for Sega. I would either play with '88 Notre Dame and run the option or '84 Auburn. With that Auburn team all you ever had to run was 'Student Body Left/Right' to Bo and it was a touchdown every time. He was a phenom...