The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

ESPN Being Sued


If you rely solely on ESPN for your news, you won't see this story. Laurie Fine, the wife of Syracuse ex-assistant coach Bernie Fine, is suing ESPN for libel. She specifically names Mark Schwartz and a producer at ESPN for destroying her reputation "in an attempt to capitalize financially in the tragic wake of the Penn State Abuse Scandal." Here's the link to the story and some of the reasons named in the suit. I wonder if ESPN will cover any of this or just hope to sweep it under the rug. Personally, I hope she wins, just to settle down ESPNs paparazzi-like attitude towards anything sports. Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced that Laurie Fine wasn't involved - but I don't like ESPN, so anything that can be done to limit their piranha-like attitude towards bad sports stories is a plus in my book.

No comments: