The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Augusta National



Whoa!!! The big news today is that Augusta National has finally caved in. EA Sports will join forces with Augusta in Tiger Woods 2012. The course will be featured as one of the courses in the game. Finally, I can get a good look at Augusta in a video game. Lord knows I'll never play there, and I am pretty sure I'll never be able to get a ticket to the Masters either! I guess I'll have to start brushing up my Wii golf skills to get ready!

By the way, I played actual golf Sunday in 35 degree sunny weather. I got some new gear for Christmas and couldn't resist. I did okay at Little Miami shooting 39 (+4) with all new clubs except my driver and putter! It's hard to play when you can't really feel your hands, and the ground is frozen making divots impossible! I'll be out again next week!

3 comments:

Colin and Liz said...

i would normally make a joke here belittling your golf skills, but since you whipped my ass last time we played i stay silent.

Kevin said...

I wish I had video of Ted destroying his previous driver in a fit of rage at Little Miami. In Ted's defense, his 3-iron broke his driver, which is why he doesn't have a "new" driver. Granted, he was using his 3-iron to tomahawk his golf bag and associated clubs. But that's water under the bridge, right?

Teddy said...

Thanks for reminding me of perhaps the greatest thing I ever did in golf! Yeah, bad luck. I hit my bag with my iron and it broke the graphite shaft of the driver.

However, the new driver I got is the greatest club ever made. Long, straight drives that overcome my absolute lack of power.