The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Monday, December 06, 2010

Oh. Yeah.


It has been decreed - December 31, 2010 will afford us the best New Year's Eve party in recent memory. After much deliberation, the Catholics v. Convicts rivalry is set to resume a couple years earlier than planned as the Irish have been paired against Miami in the Sun Bowl.

It presents a bit a of logistical issue - the game kicks-off at 2pm. Meaning my typical, gradual ascendency towards midnight merriment will arrive much earlier than it should. But I don't think that's anything that a fresh honeybaked ham and a whole lotta Martin's potato rolls can't solve.

Anyway, I am super duper excited.

3 comments:

Colin and Liz said...

If we lose, I'll get angry and then drink a lot. If we win, I'll be happy and drink a lot. Either way, my liver loses.

Teddy said...

Already told my partners I am leaving at noon. I need time to prepare.

Most important question: What type of beer is appropriate for watching a football game on New Years Eve? It seems like something special is required!!!

ian said...

Gotta go with Guinness!