The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Art - Scientifically Proven!


So Molly loves to grab Post-It notes from my desk, scribble on them, and them give them to people as a present. I hate it, because she makes a mess, and I lose all my Post-Its! Usually, they look something like this:
Hey - she's 3 years old! Give her a break! So today, she sprints into the living room and gives me a Post-It:
So I looked at it and immediately said, "It's a beautiful leprechaun, Molly!" I showed it to Ali, and she said it was just a scribble, and probably not a leprechaun. I kind of agreed with her, but look at it - it looks so much like a little man with a hat! So I used the old scientific method to see if it was reproducible. I asked Molly to please draw me another beautiful leprechaun. She ran into my office, and ran back out soon handing me this:
So it's official: the middle picture is Molly's first free hand drawing! Next up, I'll get her to work on the interlocking ND logo!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another prodigy! Love, Mimi

ian said...

Zoe did the same a few weeks back. Drew a picture of me that looks almost exactly like Molly's leprechaun, sans the jaunty cap. For a second I was actually a little scared, like she knew witchcraft or something...