The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Monday, October 12, 2009

Hole in One!


After over 20 years of frustration, anger, joy, and swearing i finally attained what all golfers dream of, the hole in one. I usually golf by myself, but was lucky enough to hit my first hole in one while paired with three other golfers, Mike, Phil, and Conrad.

As you can see from my scorecard below, my game fell apart a little bit after the old uno, but it was mostly due to a horrific short game mixed with a complete lack of caring how I did after shooting my hole in one.

I did the damage on hole two at Sligo Creek Golf Course. Here is a link to an official scorecard which shows the course layout:

Official Scorecard

I play this course a lot, and usually hit a 9-iron on hole two. I also usually come up a little short with this club selection. Today I decided to go with a light 8-iron. I must admit that I hit a pretty sweet shot. It soared majestically through the air and was going straight at the pin. I saw it roll towards the cup and then disappear. Initially I didn't think it actually went in, and was just happy that I even hit the green, but the other three guys I was paired with all said it went in. I thought I just didn't see it due to a hill or some other obstruction, so I had no plans of celebrating until I walked to the hole. Hole 2 was playing about 135 yards that day, and as I walked closer I realized it did in fact go in. After reaching the hole I picked up my ball and thanked the gallery for cheering me on. I also fixed my ball mark because that is what courteous golfers who hit holes in one do.

Here you can see the scorecard which I made everyone in my group sign:




Here is the ball that traveled so gracefully though the air, hit softly five feet in front of the pin, and rolled gently into the bottom of the cup:



The old Maxfli 2 will certainly be retired and sent off to stud.

2 comments:

Teddy said...

If you need a followup post, I would think that sweet snowman on #5 would be a worthy companion piece! By the way, has any Heffernan ever closed par-par in a round? I'm guessing Colin was able to cash in a late mulligan that he didn't have to use on #2.

Colin and Liz said...

I took no mulligans. The snowman on 8 was due to me hitting my drive on another fairway and attempting an incredible shot (that I should not have attempted) that did not go as planned. I had to scramble the rest of the hole.