The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Lose the Pleats, Charlie!


The thing that annoys me most of late when it comes to Notre Dame mockery is the "Charlie Weis is fat!" approach. Read any article about Notre Dame, then scroll down to the comments. Within about five post there will undoubtedly be a comment about Weis (usually mispelled 'Weiss') eating cheeseburgers or a poorly photo-shopped image of Jabba the Hutt.

Make no mistake, Charlie Weis is a lot of things, but svelte is not one of them. And no doubt, I often used these very putdowns when I was in 1st and 2nd grade. But look around the college coaching landscape any given Saturday and you'll see Charlie is not alone. The coaching profession isn't exactly a picture of public health (actually, and sadly, it probably is - but that's another post altogether). I think the big problem is Charlie's wardrobe. Here's a photo of Charlie in typical practice attire, which usually consists of an ND-branded windbreaker or pullover...


Weis: Looking Normal

Now compare that to his usual gameday attire...


Oh my God! Why?

You see the difference? Charlie Weis has an... unfortunate... waist, and those damned pleated pants with the tucked in polo only exacerbate his shapely hourglass figure (not the good kind). I think we need to start some sort of petition to get Charlie to carry the pullover look over to Saturdays. The image and reputation of Our Lady are at stake here! I'm only partially kidding when I ask, does anyone have a contact in the ND football office to whom I can make this plea/recommendation? Any ammunition we can take away from non-fans of Notre Dame is welcome in my books, and this seems like a pretty simple remedy. For God's sake, Charlie - lose the pleated pants!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I agree 100%. I think the same thing every time I see C.W. in pleated pants.