The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Dark Knight


I'm a confessed comic book geek. I've got 5 full boxes of comics in the house from years of collecting. So I can tell you I've really enjoyed the recent renaissance of comic book movies - Spiderman, X-Men, Superman, et al. But in all honesty, none of those hold a torch to Batman Begins, and it starting to sound like that film won't be able to hold a torch to it's sequel, The Dark Knight.

Here's a link to the first full review I've seen over at Rolling Stone - The Dark Knight Review

Everyone's heard about how great Heath Ledger's Joker is, and being a Batman fanboy it'll be nice to see Jack Nicholson's awful rendition forgotten, but what the review above tells is how great everyone else is. I haven't been this excited to see a movie in the theatre in years - not since The Return of the King. Here's hoping that The Dark Knight is as good as billed...

No comments: