The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Free Stuff!


Over the past weekend, I finally made the big jump on my Marriott Rewards program from Silver to Gold status. Because I travel a decent amount for my job, I have to have overnight stays, the vast majority of which are with Marriott hotels. The Rewards program gives me all kinds of neat-o free stuff that can be purchased with points. I can buy more hotel rooms, air travel, car-rentals, cruises and all kinds of other things with my points. Also, going from Silver to Gold status means that I'm finally eligible for the Gold Member Benefits, which gives me discounts to Marriott hotels that are currently under-utilized.

I'm also only 15 nights away from Platinum status - the highest level short of owning your own Marriott hotel. Every time I check into a hotel as a Platinum member I'll get a free gift - usually a nice fruit basket. The perks of travel are pretty swell, huh?

2 comments:

ian said...

I hear that with Platinum status the Mormon owners of Marriott give you a free spouse!

Anonymous said...

I've heard you get special benefits...hey by the way...

Well, it's a well known fact, Sunny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentaveret, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows. So who's in this Pentaveret? The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Marriotts, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eye! And that smug look on his face, "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"

Oh yeah and you get free turn down service...