The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Monday, May 06, 2013

Notre Dame Stadium Updates (Proposed)


Artist rendering of a future Notre Dame Stadium

I hate ESPN, but they sometimes have some good info.  This is the first I've heard about a proposed update to Notre Dame Stadium.  It's not much of a seating increase, only about 3,000 seats.  But it adds luxury boxes, a club-level, and some other high-end amenities that the Stadium doesn't have and would be lucrative to ND and appealing to future students and student-athletes.

Swarbrick is the biggest name quoted in the article, and everything is still undetermined, but ND usually doesn't release this type of info, and especially not with quotes by someone with Swarbrick's prestige, without having a fairly solid plan.  It'll be interesting to see how this develops in the next few years.

1 comment:

Teddy said...

Saw this last week. I have to say I think an update is overdue. I really like the design, but this sounds like a rough prelim starting point based on the ND press release.

I hope they don't connect the stadium tot he JACC, as it looks in the picture. That would create SO MUCH CONGESTION on gameday if you can't walk this way!

I also hope they update the field to the hybrid grass they have at Lambeau. That's a must to improve the playing surface.

I am also in favor of video boards. Replays, advanced stats and tracking of other games is critical at a football game.

Would it kill them to update the cell towers and wifi around the stadium as well? This may be the most critical upgrade. How many times could I not get or make a call or text, missing friends on gameday!!!