The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rock Band 3


Look out Thanksgiving - Rock Band 3 comes out October 26!

One of my highlights of 2009 was standing in the basement, completely hammered, playing Rock Band at 2am. I wasn't too drunk to recall looking at the dozens of empty beer bottles on the counter and hearing Dad swear, "You ran out of f$%ing beer?" Awesome!

So this year, everyone needs to start practicing up for the ultimate Rock Band session which will include warm-up sessions Wednesday evening, an opening gig Thursday night, and a full blown performance on Friday night! I would suggest buying (or renting) the new version because it will be awesome, but also to get ready for the new song list. I also mean EVERYONE needs to practice. 7 players will be able to perform together for the first time!!!

Some highlights of Rock Band 3:
  • All old Rock Band songs and DLC will be importable - with the exception of The Beatles. That's one mega playlist!!!
  • 3 microphone harmonies on all new songs
  • New keyboard instrument (uh, oh - Dad may never put it down)
  • Much improved graphics and overall gameplay
I took a quick look at the new 83 song playlist, and just started laughing! I see some mega fun with some of the favs below:
  • China Grove (definitely a late night Dad favorite)
  • The Power of Love (first wedding video song to be on Rock Band)
  • Need You Tonight/Mediate (awesome)
  • Free Bird (really, somebody can yell "play Freebird" and we can)
  • Sister Christian (I will get whipper snappers to complete the mood)
  • Bohemian Rhapsody (just ridiculous)
So everybody get ready. I'll have the rechargeable batteries ready to go for all the controllers, and am considering a keg (maybe 2 half kegs for variety). We can have some fun when the kiddies are in bed.

4 comments:

ian said...

I'm setting the over/under for Dad singing Good Vibrations at 6.5 (I'm taking the over). Also, we need a bullwhip so we can sing Whip It and crack off peoples' clothes like in the video. Finally, Werewolves of London?! Awesome. That's a solid songlist, and I bet it gets more solid the more we drink. Can't wait!

Teddy said...

We have to try and figure out how to do the damn harmonies. Most of us can sing, but it is hard to recognize/stick with your harmony part - especially with well known songs.

Harmonies = MEGA BONUS points!!!

Kevin said...

I use to sing Sam "Bohemian Rhapsody" to sleep at night. I don't know why, but I have the entire song memorized - including the weird parts. It makes me happy.

Colin and Liz said...

chances of me singing awesomely: 30%
chances of me singing shirtless: 100%