The Royal Heffernans


Quite possibly the best family ever

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

1984





Last night I had the distinct pleasure of basking in the awesomeness known as Van Halen. They recently reunited with David Lee Roth, and replaced their old bassist with Wolfgang Van Halen, Eddie's son. They played only their hits from 72-84, but few seemed to care because what they played was amazing. Panama brought the house down, and when they closed with Jump I nearly cried. I think I could listen to Eddie Van Halen play guitar for days on end. If you get a chance to attend one of their concerts in your area do yourself a favor and go; all of their flavors are guaranteed to satisfy.

4 comments:

Colin and Liz said...

Ted I think we need a new poll of what was the best Van Halen song. I think the Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherone years can be included as well in order to be fair.

Teddy said...

I'll get on it for next week. By the way, Jump may be Ava's favorite song. She goes crazy every time I play it! Of course, she wants to jump higher and higher, so I end up having to throw her by the end of the song!

ian said...

Ummm... I'm pretty sure Van Halen ended when DLR was booted. Any poll of greatest VH song should not include any albums after '1984'...

Bridget said...

Did anyone notice that Bryan and I were introduced at our wedding reception under the song Panama?